– A Special Dispensation must be requested when a DeMolay Chapter function is not covered under DeMolay International (ISC) Statutes or Chapter By-Laws
– The Executive Officer will return a copy of the request form indicating whether or not the request is approved
– The Special Dispensation shall be entered into your Chapter minutes as a record of their authority for their actions and for future reference
– A Special Dispensation may be used to temporarily set aside certain regulations for the best interests of the Order of DeMolay and your Chapter. Special Dispensations are not issued to any individual , and are only approved for a Chapter.
– Request for a Special Dispensation must be made to the Executive Officer using Form-13 a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the Chapter function or event.
– The Special Dispensation request must contain all pertinent details, including the reason for the request, date, and purpose.
– If the Special Dispensation is approved by the Executive Officer, the Special Dispensation Form-13 will returned to the Chapter Advisor. A Special Dispensation is only granted for a specific time frame and expires at midnight of the requested end date.
– For a Chapter to confer the Initiatory Degree or DeMolay Degree of the Order of DeMolay, for a Masonic Organization (i.e., Masonic Lodge, Scottish Rite Club, Shrine Club, etc.) in a location other than in the building where the Chapter meets.
-To induct members into their Chapter
– To remove Chapter robes, regalia, and/or equipment from the Chapter meeting place.
– For the Chapter to participate in a parade.
– To delay the Chapter Installation of Officers beyond the forty-five (45) day limit after the Chapter Election of Officers.
– For the Chapter to hold a Special Meeting, or Stated Meeting (Business Meeting, Initiatory Degree or DeMolay Degree) of a chapter in a different location from that established in their Chapter By-Laws.
– To participate in any charitable project, homecoming, carnival, fair, or other event not entirely under the Chapter’s control.
– To permit certain persons, other than “ACTIVE” Michigan DeMolay members, to participate in a Chapter Installation Team, or to perform the Flower Talk or other DeMolay Public Ceremonies.